Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Neck muscle & Fibro book

I woke up this morning fine, but within 15 minutes of waking up, my left side of neck and shoulder hurt. I can't turn my head to the left...the muscles of my neck are very tight on that side and it's like an elastic band that runs from my neck to my collarbone/shoulder area that is very tight. I've tried moist heat, dry heat, and 2 Advils.

I was able to download Fibromyalgia for Dummies from the library's website - the full book - for free! However, I haven't been able to figure out how to put the book on my tablet so I can sit or lie down comfortably to read it. So I've been reading it on the computer. I think I am close to figuring it out, or else my tablet isn't compatible with the programs. If all else fails, maybe I can figure out how to get the info from the laptop to the micro SD card and then put the micro SD into the tablet and transfer the file that way. One of my issues is being able to stick with a task when it proves challenging, because my aches and pains and overall fatigue really make me short of the patience needed.

I asked my husband a question, and he was a bit irritated that I asked him the same question yesterday and he answered me. Oh derp. I do remember asking but I don't remember the answer. That must be the inattentiveness of fibro. Fun!

I'm trying to look at the funny side of all this. Since I can't turn left because of my neck pain, I can only walk in circles! Not really, but it's a funny thought, and the funny thoughts are keeping me going. I've had 2 times today that I just wanted to break down and cry. I am so frustrated and hurting so bad.

I saw a job opening that looked like it would be perfect for me, but I can't really see how I could do a job feeling the way I do. However, making more money would probably solve some of my stress over money. The job is full time and has no benefits though, and I have to be honest, it would be good to have a job that if I did get worse and became disabled, I would be able to have some short term or long term disability benefits.

Symptom & Pain log (I guess this will be like Captain Kirk's Stardate Log)
Pain in left side of neck radiating to left shoulder, can't turn head to the left.
Pain in right shoulder
Pain in top right hip
Ears ringing

No comments:

Post a Comment