Thursday, September 1, 2011

New meds making me drowsy

Cyclobenzaprine 10 mg
Started this generic of Flexaril muscle relaxant at 2:30 p.m. yesterday. It made me groggy and I had a nap on the couch.

Amitriptyine HCL 25 mg tab
Started this generic of Elavil last night around 9:30 p.m.
It's now 1:45 pm the next day, and I still feel sleepy and a little dizzy/light-headed. This is a fairly small dosage from what I can tell, too. I only took one, but the prescription says I can take 1 or 2. Imagine if I took two! I'd probably be knocked out cold!

I feel like everything I look at is in high definition. I have also had diarrhea today, but that was after drinking a large bottle of Mountain Dew for the caffeine to get myself alert. So that could be why that happened. I don't drink carbonated drinks much anymore.

Tramadol HCL 50 mg
This is the generic for Ultram - it's a pain medication. It will probably also make me drowsy. I'm in no rush to take it, since the other medications are making me so sleepy.

On the bright side, my pain is lessened, but the best thing would to be able to have less pain and have energy too, but I guess the two things just don't go together anymore? On the other hand, I've thought that because I have been in pain so long, that this break in the pain by the medication and the sleepiness is something to roll with, because maybe my body needs to repair time.

No comments:

Post a Comment