Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fight over money

Or was it about money, really?

A little background -- Every time my husband gets paid, I need to transfer about $400 from his account to mine so I can pay bills.

My husband has made little comments like he needs to take cash out of the bank with his ATM card before I "take it all" (as if I am using the money to party & buy candy.) Reality is that I am paying BILLS.

Usually I pay bills on Fridays, but I had a terrible migraine, then yesterday I hurt a muscle in my back and had to take Tramadol & Flexeril. Made me useless all day.

So today I went to pay the bills, only to find he only had about $80 in his account. I asked him about it & he got defensive, saying he had to have money to buy gas to get to work. Really? It costs $400 to get to and from work for 2 weeks? Then he said snidely that I should work more if I want more money.

You can probably imagine how furious that made me. Right now I don't care if I never see him again, and our 27th anniversary is in only a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment