Monday, September 29, 2014

ADHD, Casein Allergy, Sleep Apnea,and Fibromyalgia

This is a "what came  first, the chicken or  the egg?" scenario.

I now have all these diagnoses,in order:

Trichotillomania *OCD
Fibromyalgia
Sleep Apnea
Casein Allergy (also allergic to molds and some weeds)
ADHD Combined Type (some hyperactive symptoms like interrupting, etc, but also inattentive symptoms)

They appear to be connected somehow, but what causes what I'm not sure.

The medications I'm now taking are:

Nasonex, spray once in each nostil each morning.
Vyvanse 40 mg once per day, I take in the morning.
Ceftin antibiotic twice a day (for sinus infection) but the doctor prescribed 20 day regimin, so I think he suspects Lyme Disease but didn't want to freak me out.
Paxil generic form, 20 mg, I take at night
Zyrtec, 10 mg, I take at night
Tramadol 10 mg as needed (I usually cut them in half) and try to rarely take these.

I think the Paxil is starting to help with anxiety, and I have been sleeping pretty well with the CPAP lately. One night I even used it nine hours!

This is all very weird to someone who has been generally healthy her whole life. All of a sudden, two or so years ago, I became terribly ill with pain. I had the hair pulling problem ever since I was at least 14, but all the rest was new, or so I thought. I have probably had Inattentive Type of ADHD since childhood. I spent a lot of time doodling in class as well as being clueless that there would be a test or quiz when I was in school, although everyone else seemed to know about it. I was quiet and never caused any trouble in school...so I was not a problem that had to be solved, I was just low achieving even  though I was clearly intelligent. I just didn't....quote: "Apply myself." LOL! I now know that I was zoning out in class - that's why everybody else knew about the quiz!

So, ADHD clearly caused a lot of low self esteem issues, stress and anxiety. Did that lead to Trich and then to Fibromyalgia years later? Did the repeated pipe leaks in my house lead to toxic mold that led to Fibromyalgia or the allergy problems? Have I had casein allergy all my life? Is casein allergy why people in my family have had psoriasis problems through the years? Was an irritated gut why I was low on Vitamin D?

The answers to these questions may never be known.

In October, I will have an ultrasound at my gynecologist's office to see if I have fibroid tumors. My primary care physician wants me to have an xray of my neck done. I have the order, I just need to call the insurance company to find out what they'll pay. My neck gets "stuck" and kind of siff, and I have to pop it to be able to move freely sometimes. I also have difficulty turning my head at times. I thought maybe it was a muscle thing, but it could be the neck bones. I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry I haven't updated this blog in awhile, it's a long story, but now I have a laptop, so hopefully I will be able to post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment