Thursday, July 7, 2016

People Pleaser

I saw therapist yesterday. I had decided to see her after my mom died but she also can help me with my ADHD issues, like an ADHD coach. This is 3rd time I've seen her &  the conclusion we came to is that I am far too empathic 
and think of others before myself...and that causes me stress and lack of self care. 

I think this stems partly from being a woman and partly from working in retail and always being Miss Customer Service. If a customer looked unhappy, I tried to get them happy! Omg!

So I am going to be on Facebook much less, don't worry. Every time I go online & see dogs shot in the face, hear about little girls being used as sex slaves by the I.S. etc - it all really weighs me down & I am unable to "fix" it so it is unhealthy for me. This may apply to you, too.

So today, I made some conscious baby steps toward improving my life. These will seem ridiculous to you probably.

I threw away good high value diaper coupons instead of sending them to a friend's daughter. That was actually kind of hard. There were two $2 Luvs Diaper coupons! I started to feel the urge to pull them back out of the trash can.

Then I had a big bag of plastic bags I thought the food bank could use. I threw those away. Nope, didn't even recycle the plastic bags.

It's ridiculous the amount of guilt. This stuff is basically trash.

Neither knew I had these things for them, and I didn't promise these. I just said to myself, "SELF! These are things on the wish I could list but you don't need this extra burden of mailing and delivering!"

I am that way online too, I catch myself making promises because ideas come to me. I've stopped myself from doing that lately.

Do you do this too? I guess I am too much a people pleaser. 




No comments:

Post a Comment