Friday, June 15, 2012

A good series of videos on Fibromyalgia

I found a good series of 5 videos about Fibromyalgia on YouTube. These are Continuing Medical Education videos, the kind that people can view to get Continuing Education credits, so the videos were created with clinicians in mind, so you'll have to forgive them for using words like "modalities" and "comorbidity." Unfortunately for me, I have read so much on Fibromyalgia in trying to get relief for my symptoms, I understand every freaking word.

The only one I wasn't a big fan of was #5 (BELOW), in which we hear that Fibromyalgia patients are frustrating and the man who is a Physician's Assistant in Rheumatology openly admits that when he walks in a door and hears "Fibromyalgia" he wishes he could walk back out the door.

Yeah buddy, we are really enjoying being there to see you too. If you aren't following what they advise, they share that they will fire you as a patient. Don't let the door hit you in your Osteoporosis-ridden Gluteus Maximus your way out, you big Fibromite whiner. How nice!

Other than that, I liked the videos. Here is the 5th one, let me know if you feel the same way I do after viewing it. I have PMS right now, so next week I may feel entirely different about it. I wish I could hand that guy my Fibromyalgia (and the PMS too, just for fun)  in a box and walk out and close the door. Let's see how well he carries it.


No comments:

Post a Comment